Saturday, March 16, 2013

I love to READ!

Who knew that I loved to read?  I didn't.  (I'm pretty sure the Kindle Fire Erin gave me for Christmas has helped)  I have never read that much - maybe in a good year I would read one book that took me several months to complete.  You see, I have a very short attention span and I can't just sit and read for longer than about 15 minutes!  Since I have not been working and I have more time on my hands and very little stress, I am finding that I can relax now and sit down and actually enjoy a good book.  I am on my 4th book since January!  I find myself not wanting to finish each book because I am enjoying it so much.  The four books that I have read have been very different but I have enjoyed all of them equally.

I have read several of Nicolaus Sparks books but this is one of my favorites.
Full of suspense and a great love story.  (The movie did not do it justice)

I have followed this blog for a couple of years now so I decided to read her story.
Very inspirational about a young couple with 4 children who are in a plane crash and
the wife is burned over 80% of her body.  It is so sad but so inspiring and hopeful.

This book takes place during the depression and it's about a
young librarian who delivers books in rural Kentucky.  Lots of
  drama and suspense in this one.  I had a hard time putting it down!


This book takes place during WWII and is about 4 women who
work in a ship factory while their boyfriends/husbands are off to war.
I'm not quite finished but I love this book.  A great look at the 1940's
during the war and a great love story.
 
I think I am going to read some of the classics next... next up is Grapes of Wrath then Great Gatsby.  Being able to get books instantly on my Kindle is amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment