Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 2013

December has been a very busy month so far.  Here are a few of the highlights of this beautiful season.....
I had a fun night with the boys looking at Christmas lights & doing Christmas crafts.  There is a cul de sac in Lexington Hills called Ledgemont Court that always has amazing Christmas lights.  The whole cul de sac is lit up and it is so magical.
We always went as a family every year to see these lights and it is fun to continue the tradition with my grandkids!  They loved it and had so much fun running from house to house.  I love watching their faces light up!  

I had my 4th annual Christmas brunch with my friends.  This is always an event we all look forward to.  It's great to get together and enjoy delicious food, good company, lots of laughs and exchanging gifts.  I love my friends!

So far I have not done a lot of baking this year, but I did make several batches of caramel corn to give to friends.  It is so good and so easy to make!

Caramel corn
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
11 marshmallows cut in half
2 bags microwave popcorn

Melt butter in large pan, add sugar and bring to a boil. 
Stir in marshmallows til melted and smooth.
Tranfer to large bowl and pour over popped popcorn. 
Mix until all is covered and place on cookie sheet lined with
parchment paper.  When caramel corn is cooled, break into
small clumps and store in airtight container.


 

This is supposed to be a video of Owen saying Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas, but I guess I don't know how to post videos.  It is so cute and when I figure out how to do it I will repost this. He called me to thank me for the package I sent him with all the Christmas goodies.  It's so fun to be able to share with him even though he lives on the other side of the country!

 
 Enjoyed a lunch with my brother Russ and sister-in-law Stella.  We went to a Thai restaurant in our old neighborhood in Sacramento (59th and Broadway).  It was so fun reminiscing and spending time with my brother.  We don't do it often enough and hopefully we can make this a December tradition.


Lincoln's 2nd grade class at Silva Valley Elementary school had a holiday play.  Lincoln was a beaver and a skunk.  He did awesome!  The class shared lots of music and traditions of Christmas, Kwanza and Hannakah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment