Friday, November 22, 2013

Paradise AKA Hawaii!!

Kathy (Graham) and me right after we got off the plane.  We shared a room and had such a great time together, sunbathing, swimming, trying new foods, shopping and sightseeing.
My good friends, Phil and Donna Horner invited me to go to Hawaii with them.  They have a   timeshare there at the Marriot Ko Olina on Ohau.   It is an amazing place and felt like a dream the whole time we were there.  I have never been to a more beautiful resort.  I loved every minute and I am so thankful for generous, amazing friends to share my trip of a lifetime with!!
H
It was a windy rainy day but the beaches were spectacular.  We saw Waimea Bay, Sunset Beach and Turtle Beach.  They were having surfing championships that week so the waves were huge.  Sheri took us all over the north shore and to Honolulu.  Thank goodness for an experienced tour guide!!

Some of the best ladies ever in front of the Laie Temple.  (Sheri, Bonnie, me and Kathy)

 
Val and Bonnie Smith have been friends for over 30 years.  They shared a condo with Kathy and me and we couldn't have asked for better roomies!


Another beautiful sunset and our favorite pool.  It was called the reflection pool and no kids under 10 were allowed.  It was so quiet and relaxing there.  All OLD people!!



View from our condo on a cloudy day


Morning by the pool.  Nancy was teaching all  us how to pose!

This is where Kathy and I spend most of our time.  Beautiful beach and was never very crowded.



Spent the day at Pearl Harbor.  Very humbling and an amazing experience.  I have been reading books lately about WWII and so I was very inspired by everything that happened at Pearl Harbor.

This is me (Johnny Cash) the day we left paradise.  It was so sad to leave.  I had an amazing time and it was a trip I will never forget and one that I am so thankful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment