Friday, February 22, 2013

OWEN TIME!

I had such a great time in Utah with my sweet, adorable, funny and smart little grandson, Owen!  It was great spending six days with him just playing, singing, dancing, cuddling and going on walks.  He is such a joy and so much fun!  I was afraid that he might not be thrilled to see me since he doesn't know me very well yet, but he took to me easily and quickly. 



I arrived on Sunday afternoon to freezing temperatures and lots of snow!  This California girl is not used to this kind of weather.  I found Jordan's car in the parking lot and as you can see there was quite a bit of snow that I had to deal with.  I had to scrap the snow off the windshield and back window before I could leave the airport parking lot.  There were a few flurries as I was driving but the roads were clear.  I white knuckled it all the way to American Fork and was very happy when I arrived safely!  Quite an adventure (for sissy me anyway)!


Luckily Owen is not a picky eater.  He ate pretty much everything I gave him.  Here he is eating green beans, grilled cheese and pears for lunch.  (He is staring at the TV as he eats here watching his favorite show, Cailliou!

BATHTIME ....These pictures are a little blurry because he never stops moving!

He spotted this hat in his drawer and insisted on wearing it even though it is too small and we weren't going anywhere.  I have to admit he looks pretty cute in it! (Another blurry picture)


One day I got brave and ventured out for lunch at Chick Fa La.  He loved the play area and following all the kids around.  Every little boy he saw he called Jack!  One little boy got chased all over the place with Owen yelling Jack Jack.  Finally the little boy yelled back and said "My name is not Jack!"

Everyday we tried to get outside.  Owen loved it!  He loved tramping around in the snow and eating it.  This was taken towards the end of the week when the snow was starting to melt.  He insisted on dragging around that nasty bucket!

 
Here he is in his funny little hat again.  He spotted it as soon as he woke up from his nap.  He also loved my cup.  I had to hide it from him, but he kept finding it!

 I love this picture.  He had just woken up and was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I wish I could have gotten more pictures of him smiling, but he is not easy to take a picture of and since my camera is on a 20 second delay it really is hard to capture any decent pictures.

Love this little boy!  I cried all the way to the airport.  I miss him so much and can't wait until I can spend time with him again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment