Sunday, November 7, 2010

Empty Nest



It is a gloomy Sunday morning & my thoughts today are taking me back to a very busy household with four active, loud, happy children.

Where did all those years go? I remember thinking: When will I have time for myself, when will they get along, when can I relax, when does this all end. Well in the blink of an eye it does and now I sit here wishing I had the bedlam, loud laughter, bickering, messy house, constant turmoil and rush to get everything done. Those were the happy times - the times when life was crazy, but wonderful. When you are living those times, you don't really appreciate them but when you have time to look back you long for those days and wish you could do them over.

I am not sad that those times are over. It is great to watch a TV show or have a conversation without hearing, Mommy, Mommy Mommy! It is nice to come home from work and not have to cook dinner or clean house or do laundry. It is nice to sleep in on weekends, stay up as late as I want and not have to answer to anyone. I am not sad, but I am very thankful that I had those years of craziness with my children and that now I can look back on those years and appreciate the important job that I had of being their Mom and making sure that all their needs were meant. I loved every crazy minute of it! (Even the teenage years when I knew I was not there favorite person like I was when they were little.)

They have all grown up and left the nest and are leading busy crazy lives of their own. I miss them terribly and I think about them everyday and constantly pray for their happiness and success. It's funny how life is... I am not a Mommy anymore, but I will always be a Mom.

A friend of mine posted on facebook the other day to her son and said: "How come I have to go on Facebook to find out what is going on in your life?" I thought about that and smiled and realized I am not the only one.... That is why I have become a Facebook user, Twitter follower and Blog Stalker!!

No comments:

Post a Comment