Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Baking



I have always loved to bake but I don't do it much anymore since I am the only one to bake for. Now that Shauna is home visiting for a few weeks, I decided I had an excuse to bake something. Despite the 95 degree heat, I whipped up a batch of an old family favorite "Cowboy Cookies".

I first made these cookies back in 1983. I got the recipe from the James W Marshall Elementary School cookbook. Erin and Megan attended this elementary school in Sacramento. Erin went there from Kindergarden-5th Grade and Megan from Kindergarden-2nd grade. The thing I always loved about these cookies was that you can throw everything in the bowl all at once, stir and throw in the oven. As a busy Mom of four young kids that was always a plus. These cookies are delicious too! Crunchy on the edges and soft in the center.

Here is the recipe:
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 small pkg chocolate chips
2 cups rolled oats

Mix all ingredients and drop by teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Delish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment