Wednesday, February 17, 2010

BLUEBIRD OF HAPPINESS....



Several years ago a very special friend and co-worker gave me this Bluebird of Happiness for Christmas. This little bird has been a real treasure to me and one that I will always cherish. He has been with me through good times and bad, happy and sad, ups and downs, joys and sorrows. I guess you could say the little birdie has been a symbol to me of hope for good things to come.

Here is a little history behind my little friend:

The mythology of the bluebird of happiness has deep roots that go back thousands of years. Indigenous cultures across the globe hold similar myths and beliefs about the bluebird. It is a widely accepted symbol of cheerfulness, happiness, prosperity, hearth and home, good health, new births, the renewal of springtime, etc. Virtually any positive sentiments may be attached to the bluebird.

I gave one to each of my daughters this years for Christmas and I hope they found a special place for the little guy and he can be a symbol of happiness and hope of good things to come for them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment