Saturday, January 23, 2010

January Happenings

January is usually a pretty boring, uneventful month but that doesn't seem to be the case for January 2010 (If you don't believe me ask Megan)

I am still being faithful on my diet. I have now lost 10 pounds and I am feeling so much better. No more indigestion and my rolls seem to be getting a little smaller! Still there but I think I have lost a few inches. The food I eat is getting boring, but I only have 3 more weeks and then I can go on maintenance and add a few more yummy things like broccoli and cauliflower ....

The rain just doesn't want to go away. It has been non-stop, rain, wind and freezing cold. I just can't seem to get warm even though I eat lots of soup, drink lots of herb tea and bundle up like an eskimo! I hear that Folsom Lake is starting to get lots of water in it so that is a good thing. I know we need the rain, but a little break in the action would be welcome.

The Kings are still losing. I was so encouraged about a month ago but they have lost 10 of their last 11 games and it is just plain depressing. I promise (Jordan) I will not give up. I am determined to be a loyal fan. In fact I am watching them play the Miama Heat as I write this.

I am enjoying The Bachelor and Biggest Loser & wait with baited breath for the new episodes each week. (pretty pathetic I know)

Family Matters....

Megan & Justin are having a rough week. As if losing their only car key and being in an accident in their truck was not enough poor little Coleman has been in the hospital since Friday with Pneumonia. He is getting better and hopefully will be in his own bed soon. Megan has been so amazing through all this even though she is stressed to the max and totally exhausted. She is such a great MOM!













Erin & Quinn added to their growing family of pugs. Raven has joined their household just in time for the football playoffs. I guess that is how he got his name since they are avid Baltimore Ravens fans. Sorry the Ravens won't be going to the Super Bowl this year, but with a mascot like Raven they will be sure to make it next year!




Shauna continues to amaze me with her talents. She has been featured in the Real Simple Weddings Magazine for 2010. I hope this will be the exposure she deserves and people will flood her website and request portraits and event planning. If you haven't seen her website go check it out. http://www.littleshopofshavs.blogspot.com/. I promise you won't be disappointed!





Jordan & Kristine are still plugging along staying very busy working full time, studying, having church callings and rooting for BYU. This will be Kristine's last semester at BYU and hopefully Jordan only has a year to go at UVU!



That about wraps things up for January... I know it is not quite over yet, but I can't take much more so lets call it done for now. See you in February!!


1 comment:

  1. Love your blog Amy, and you are so awesome with loosing weight,...everyone in our family has already quit...oh well, keep it up. I want to do a road trip to Vegas some time...I need a mommy vacation, only me, and there's a free place to stay in Vegas. What do you think?
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete