Friday, June 19, 2009

Tribute to my Dad - Carl Russell Hedlind 1903-1988

1971

I thought it only fitting to honor my Dad this Father's Day. Even though he has been gone for almost 21 years, I still think about him everyday.

My Dad has always been my hero. To me he was the smartest, kindest, gentlest, most honest man I have ever known. He spoiled me and always made me feel like his special little girl. He taught me honesty, patience, values, integrity and tolerance. I never heard him raise his voice or speak an unkind word about anyone he knew. (He did have a few choice words for some politicians though!)

He was passionate about sports and loved to watch the SF Giants and Friday night fights. He was very conservative in his political views and proud of his accomplishments as a banker.

He had so many fascinating stories about his life & was always proud of his Swedish heritage. Things were not easy for him growing up, but he chose to rise above the difficulties and always do his best. He was a great man & Dad and I miss his wise counsel...

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment