Sunday, July 24, 2016

Catch up - 2016

It's been awhile since I have blogged.  I've got some catching up to do!  It won't be easy trying to remember the last 6 months since I have a hard time remembering yesterday, but I will give it a try!!
Here are the highlights so far from 2016.....

The beginning of the year was just a time to recuperate from the holidays.  We have gotten a lot of rain, which is a blessing since we have been in a drought for the past 4 years.  Lots of time was spent indoors.  Here are a few highlights of Jan and Feb....


Lincoln and Coleman played some excellent basketball this season.  They were both on really good teams and it was so much fun watching them every Saturday.  I'm excited for next season!



I watched Deacon every Tuesday morning while Megan worked in Coleman's class.  Its fun being able to see the boys often and to be able to participate in their activities.


Anybody that knows me well, knows my love for holidays and creating goodies to give away.  These were my Valentines this year that I gave to friends, grandkids and Primary class.



MARCH
I was lucky enough to spend 10 days with the Lewis family in Ladera Ranch.  We went to Disneyland (gotta get the most of our passes) and then Jordan and Kristine were off to Costa Rica.  I had so much fun with Owen and Ames.  They keep me on my toes but I LOVE every minute! 



After Mom and Dad left the fun began for Grammy and the boys!
We had popcorn and movie night (every night)

Owen loved these huge strawberries he picked out and the pretty yellow flowers for Mom

Owen had his first t-ball practice while I was there so we packed a picnic dinner and watched his practice.


Jordan and Kristine enjoying Costa Rica

Deacon turns 2!


It's hard to believe this funny little guy is two already!  He is all boy and loves to run, slide, make messes, play on the ipad, watch the Cars movie and make everybody laugh.  Of course, he is the center of attention in the Patrick house and is always making sure everyone notices him.  Everyone loves this cute little boy!!
Grandma Lewis
This month was a little bittersweet...... Grandma Lewis passed away after a long battle with Alzhiemers.  Megan and I were able to spend some time with her before she past.  It was nice having so much of the family together for her funeral.  She lived a long happy life and was very much loved.  She will be missed but we know she is happy now with Grandpa and watching over us all until we meet again.



Top Photo of me and the Lewis sisters, Karen, Dalelyn and Sherri.  Bottom left some of the Lewis cousins, L to R Jordan, Shauna, Megan, Taylor,  Tara, Matt, Tami, Rick, Krissy and Kim (missing Kari, Kasie, Erin and Courtney)
Bottom Right - Betty Wachenfeld Lewis on her wedding day in 1945


Happy Birthday to Justin and Shauna!
Since Shauna and Jordan were in town for Grandma's funeral we were able to celebrate birthdays before they left.


On to April

April I spent a week with the Patrick boys while their Mom and Dad went to Costa Rica.  We had lots of fun doing a puzzle, swimming, and making yummy treats.


 Megan and Justin in  Costa Rica


Deacon loves to stack the cans!

Megan and I enjoyed the musical Newsies at the Sacramento Community Center Theater



May Birthdays!

 Happy 2nd Birthday to Ames on May 2.  He was lucky he got to spend his Birthday at Disneyland!!  Love this little guy with the raspy voice!  He is a cuddle bug and so cute and smart!!




Lincoln turned 10 on May 9th!  He is a funny, talented, smart kid!


Happy 33rd birthday to Iain on May 20th!

Happy Birthday to Jack on May 25!  He is 12!!!

Stake Conference at the Mormon Center - As always Stake Conference was very uplifting and rejuvenating.  Megan and Justin's Ward had a picnic on the beautiful grounds of the Sacramento Temple after the conference so I was able to take some photos.  It was a very warm day!

Coleman is great with selfies!!  The temple in the background makes it even better.  Good Job Coleman


Shauna came home for a quick minute for one day.  Megan and I went to breakfast with her and did a little shopping.  Next time stay longer!!


Jacks Ordination
Jackson turned 12 and was ordained to become a Deacon of our church.  I can't believe he is 12. He has grown to be such a handsome, kind, caring young man. I'm so proud of him!!


June
Summer is definitely here and we have had the 100+ temps to prove it.  I was with the Patrick boys the first week of June while Megan went to girl's camp.  We swam, recycled, ate donuts and went to lunch.  We mostly stayed inside and tried to keep cool.  

Boys, boys, boys playing on their I Pads.  There is even a neighbor boy who came to visit so he made it in the picture too!

Went to the donut store for a treat before we headed to the recycling center.

Linc and Coleman taking a break in the shade at the recycling center.  It was sooooo HOT!

                           I flew down to Orange County to be there for Owen's 5th Birthday.
                           He had a swimming party with all of his buddies at a local pool in
                           Ladera Ranch.  We went to the Irvine Spectrum for dinner at Red Robin
                           also to see Finding Dori.  We hit the local pools and had a great time.  I'm
                           always sad when I have to leave.  I love spending time with family and I
                           never get enough Owen - Ames time! 


The Birthday Boy and Dad having fun in the pool at Owen's party.

Birthday pancakes!  Kristine is so clever and they were yummy!


These two cute boys hamming it up at the Irvine Spectrum after dinner.


I sure love these cute boys and I love that they still let me cuddle with them.  Being a grammy is the best!!

                                 Happy 39th Birthday, ERIN! (June 29)

I cannot believe my oldest daughter is 39!  How did that happen?  I wish we could have celebrated with her but I think we need to all get together for her 40th next year.  She's my crazy, spunky, happy go lucky girl who is never afraid to have fun.  She loves her Ravens and her Orioles and is not afraid to show it by dressing up in the team colors whenever she goes to their games.  I love this girl of mine who made me a MOM!!













No comments:

Post a Comment