Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Fat Tuesday, Mike!

For the past 19 years one of my co-worker's, Mike Johnson, has made a cake for Fat Tuesday, the first day of Mardi Gras.  Mike and his wife (who also work in my office), are big fans of the Carnival in New Orleans.  This past December, Mike passed away with cancer so I thought it would be fun and a treat for his wife Roz if I attempted to make the cake.  It is basically a cinnamon roll recipe that you shape into a circle.  I don't usually make bread that you have to knead and let rise.  It pretty much took all day, but it was so worth it when Roz saw it and was sooo happy.  The recipe made two cakes and it was completely gone by noon!  (I wish I would have remembered to to take the toothpicks out before I took the picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment