Wednesday, November 9, 2011

P U M P K I N

I
I love all things pumpkin... I love to decorate with pumpkins and I love the smell of pumpkins and I love going to pumpkin patches!  It's really funny that I love pumpkin bread and muffins and cookies but I don't love pumpkin pie.  In fact the taste is nauseating to me.  I made some pumpkin bread this weekend and it was really delish.  It is a Weight Watchers recipe, not that I am doing very well on my WW diet these days, but I am trying to find good recipes that are healthier and lower in fat and still taste good.  This recipe for pumpkin bread is a winner in all categories:


3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
3/4 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t cloves
1/2 t nutmeg
Combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
1/2 cup pumpkin
2 T butter
1/2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, bananas, pumpkin & vanilla.
Beat until thick.  Add flour mixture & blend until combined. 
Pour into loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 325 for 60 minutes.
Enjoy every moist bite!!

Here is a recipe that I am going to try this weekend.  Very easy and hopefully tasty too!


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Cookies

All you need is three ingredients!
Mix spice cake mix with one can pumpkin
Add chocolate chips (optional)
Bake
350 for 8-9 minutes

Let them cool (if you can) and enjoy the smell of
 fall all over the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment