Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Amy Knows....

It was a great three day weekend and I got a little taste of what retirement will be like and all I know is.... I am going to love it and I can't wait. 
  • I slept in until 8:00 every morning and stayed up until midnight
  • I worked on some fun projects (see below)
  • I rode my bike on the bike trail (2 days alone - one day with a friend)
  • Had In N Out Burger at 2:30 in the afternoon
  • Listened to oldies music while I sewed
  • Watched Season 2 of Parenthood
  • Video chatted with Owen (I did most of the chatting, Owen did most of the staring)
  • Cleaned my house
  • Walked around Michael's for an hour
  • Talked on the phone
  • Made some baked goods to freeze for gift giving
Burlap Fall Wreath.  The flowers can be removed and new ones added to go with the season
Back to School clipboards for Jack and Lincoln.  All I need to add is the dry erase markers
I bought the clipboards at Wal-Mart for 50 cents each, painted them the boys favorite
colors, and applied the vinyl that I ordered.  The graphics are just scrapbook paper modge
podged on.  A fun easy project.  I hope the boys like them and use them
This was an experiment to see if I could Modge Podge.  I have not done it since
they called it Decopage which was about 20 years ago.  Too made I did such a
lousy job of centering the picture.  This will be a re-do.
I am making this quilt for a friend's granddaughter. It is not quite done.  I have not
finished sewing it yet.  This one is not going together as easily as the first strip
quilt I made for Owen.  I do love the pink though!
And of course, Owen was very happy about the BYU win!!
I have to say it was a great weekend and I am looking forward to more time off the end of September

    No comments:

    Post a Comment