Saturday, May 14, 2011

Random Stuff

What girl doesn't love getting flowers and this year I was lucky enough to get them at work and at home!  It made me feel special and that is always a good thing for anybody....

I am obsessed lately with lemons and limes, especially limes.   I can hardly drink a Diet Pepsi or Coke without it and I squeeze one on my chicken, fish and anything else I can think of.  I love sour stuff now for some reason.  I could never eat one by itself though - not quite that obsessed!


This book is soooo good.  I highly recommend it.  It is a novel about the south in the early 60's where there was a major problem with segregation.  Growing up in California was so different and I am so grateful for that.  The book is a real eye opener of how things were back then.  There is a movie coming out based on this book in August.  I will definitely be seeing it.

Shauna posted this picture on her blog and it brought back so many memories for me.  It was taken ten years ago at her high school graduation.  I look so young in this picure!  How did I age so much in ten short years?  When I think back about my life ten years ago there has been so much that has happened.  My family dynamic is so different.  Erin was 24 and living in Indiana - Megan was 21 and serving a mission in Canada - Shauna was 18 and graduating from Folsom High and Jordan was 16 and a sophomore.  Wow that really amazes me.  Besides being ten years older there has been so many changes for me.
I have taken the plunge and joined Weight Watchers. I am ready to get in shape and lose those extra 20+ pounds I have been carrying around.  Weight sure can creep up on you when you least expect it!  I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is and how much food I get to eat.  The pounds are coming off slowly and that is a good thing!  Can't wait to have jeans that I can breathe in again!!



I saw this quote the other day and really thought it had a lot of merit.  You can apply it to many areas of your life:
"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option."




No comments:

Post a Comment