Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mothers

As I was watching General Conference, I was impressed, as always, with the wonderful messages that were given. One message that I seemed to hear in several talks, was about Mothers - Honoring and loving our mothers. I felt very touched by these talks and prompted to think about my own mother and my feelings about her. I have not always had the best relationship with my Mom which has always bothered me. I always wanted her to be a certain way and like the mothers of my friends. I now realize that my Mom did the best she could and she was a loving mother in her own way. She may not have been affectionate or good at expressing her feelings, but I do know that she loves me and that she appreciates me and as I watch her fail in her last years, I know that I need to cherish my time that is left with her on this earth. I will never again take for granted the love of a mother for her child.

This picture was taken in about 1945 and is of my Mom and sister Karen.

There is no greater joy in my life than being a Mom. I cherish that calling and loved every minute of the years my children were growing up. The years go by so fast and I can never get those precious years back. I am grateful that my children are leading happy, productive lives and I hope they know how special they are to me and how much I love them and miss them. I pray for them and think about them everyday. I am so excited to have us all together in a few weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment